Watch Pakistani Dramas, Talk shows, News Videos, Morning Shows, and more....

Monday 16 July 2012

Review of Bilqees Kaur by HUM TV Episode 14

Review of Bilqees Kaur by HUM TV Episode 14


Directed by Adnan Ahmed

Written By Faiza Iftikhar

Cast:Bushra Ansari, Syra Yousuf, Ahsan Khan, Kashif Mehmood and many more.




So, yes, Bilqees Kaur is going swimmingly well, and this was another fabulous installment. But here’s one question… what the heck does Bala stir in the karahi all day long? Initially I used to think he was stirring milk to thicken it for kheer or some such, or bhunno-ing some kind of a halwa… magar yeh sahab tau claims ke he’s frying samosas!! Arrey bhai aisey kaun samosay fry karta hai? Itney saalon main itna bhi nahi seekha?


Keeping his unable-to-stand-up-for-his-daughter father company is Mr. I’m-wallowing-in-self-pity and though-I-protest-about- not-controlling-my-wife-I-still-try-my-best-to-do-so Sultan. Completing the sorry triangle we have the Oh-I am-middle-aged-and-though-I-have-a job-I-still-want-my-mommy-to-provide-free-room-and-board Mr. Inayat. What a sorry bunch you all are. No wonder Bilqees treats you all the way she does, and no wonder Soha, with her sharp brains AND cooking skills, is about the only one who Billo can and does takes seriously!


I know I sound like a broken record, but honestly every episode is better than the one before; excellent job by Adnan & Co. There is so much to here to think about and discuss. I love that Faiza Iftikhar’s story is not linear. The serial did not begin with Bilqees eloping, rather, with every episode we get a little bit more of a sense of Bilqees’ past and what role it has played in shaping her into the person she is today. My heart broke watching her unthinkingly running her hands over the unworn shaadi ka jora, as she relieved the conversation with her devastated father. Her worst fears appear to have come true and history seems about ready to repeat itself. Hopefully, with a little nudge from Soha, she will come to realize that Anjuman doesn’t have to become yet another Bilqees; with a bit of ego-swallowing burdens of the past can be lightened in the present. All she has to do is to give her blessing to Anjuman and Faraz’s union, ensuring a better, brighter future for them and their generations to come.


Nudged on by Soha, Inayat too seems to be slowly realizing the error of his ways, but I like that we are being shown a gradual change, not an unbelievable overnight shift. He might be a bit more aware of his wife’s existence, but is yet to change his free-loader habits. I love how both the brothers seem to expect their parents to support them for the rest of their lives. Really? All I can say is that Inayat and Sultan just be glad that I’m not your mom – you guys would’ve been kicked out a long time ago, khud hi aatey daal ka bhao samajh aa jata tum logon ko….


Useless as the two sons are, it’s the daughter-in-laws who are worthy of respect. Soha, tau chalo we knew was a go-getter, but I have to say I’m really enjoying the gradual change in Peeno’s attitude. Again, thank you Faiza and Adnan for showing incremental changes.


I could go on and on, but lets just keep this one short and sweet, with a big shout-out to the entire team. Beginning with writer, and including the director, actors, technical crew, cameramen, production team, creative team, down to the brilliant OST, all elements have come together just perfectly to bring us a serial that I, for one, will watch again and again.


Written by SZ~ sz.reviews.dp@gmail.com


Follow me on Twitter: SZ_DramaPakistani (@sz_dp)